Dr. Joel M. Corwin
Joel M. Corwin, M.D. received his M.D. and ScB. degrees from Brown University. He completed an internship at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, a residency in ophthalmology at Tufts-New England Medical Center, and a fellowship in retina-vitreous at Retina Associates, where he led a diabetic retinopathy vitrectomy study. He has participated in numerous research projects in uveitis, ocular immunology, glaucoma and other areas.
Dr. Corwin is board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners. He is a member of the American Association of Ophthalmology, the American Uveitis Society, and the West Coast Retina-Vitreous Study Club. He has received numerous honors and awards throughout his career and was President of the American Diabetic Association from 1987-1988.
- Corwin, J, Schwartz, B: Inflammatory Response of Guinea Pig to Injected Limbal Tissue. Invest. Ophthalmol. 1978; 17:814-817.
- Corwin, J, Weiter, J: Occupational Exposure and Choroidal Melanoma. Am. J. Ophthalmol. 1980; 89:878. (Letter to Editor.)
- Corwin, J, Weiter, J: Immunology of Chorioretinal Disorders (A Review Article). Survey of Ophthalmology 1981; 25:287-305.
- Corwin, J, Baum, J: Iridocyclitis in Two Patients with Hypocomplementemic Cutaneous Vasculitis. American Journal of Ophthalmology 1982; 94:111-113.
- Seddon, J, Corwin, J, Sutula, F, Weiter, J: Solitary Extramedullary Plasmacytoma of the Palpebral Conjunctiva. British Journal of Ophthalmology 1982; 66:450-454.
- Corwin, J, Weiter, J, Andrezjewski, C, Schwartz, B: Ocular Findings in the MRL/l and MRL/n Mice: An Animal Model of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Investigative Ophthalmology (to be submitted).
- "Inflammatory Response of Guinea Pig to Injected Limbal Tissue." Atlantic Sectional Meeting of ARVO, Nov 1976.
- "An Animal Model of an Autoimmune Glaucoma." American Uveitis Society Meeting at Phoenix, AZ, March 1979. (by invitation)
- "Immunology of the Eye." Tufts-New England Medical Center. Department of Medical Rounds, June 1982.
- "Immunology of Chorioretinal Disease." Department of Medicine Rounds. August 1982.
- "Ocular Findings in the MRL/l and MRL/n in Mice: An Animal Model of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus." ARVO, May 1983.
- "Diseases of the Retina." Ventura College, April 1985.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." Grand Round Community Memorial Hospital, Oct 1983.
- "Retinal Eye Disease." Grand Rounds Ventura County Medical Center, May 1984.
- "Diabetic Retinopathy." Grand Rounds Santa Paula Memorial Hospital, Feb 1985.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." Grand Rounds St. John's Regional Medical Center, Nov 1985.
- "Diabetic Retinopathy." American Diabetic Association, Camarillo, June 1985.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." American Diabetic Association, Ventura, Oct-Nov 1983.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." American Diabetic Association, Santa Paula, Jan 1985.
- Lecture to Braille class at Ventura College, Jan 1986 and Jan 1987.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." Los Robles Hospital, 1988, 1990, 1993.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." Simi Valley Adventist Hospital, 1989.
Dr. John L. Davidson
John L. Davidson, M.D. specializes in Laser Vision Correction/LASIK, Refractive Cataract/Lens Surgery, and Adult Strabismus Surgery. He is Board-Certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners and the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Davidson has performed more than 25,000 refractive and cataract surgeries and has been named one of Southern California's Super Doctors in 2013 and 2014 as well as "America's Top Ophthalmologists" by the Guide to America's Top Ophthalmologists every year since 2007.
Dr. Davidson earned his Medical Doctorate with Highest Distinction from Indiana University in Indianapolis, Indiana, after earning Bachelor of Arts degrees in Biology and Chemistry from Indiana University in Bloomington, also with Highest Distinction. He completed a Residency in Ophthalmology at Indiana University in Indianapolis and was a Fellow in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at the Jules Stein Institute in Los Angeles, where he won the Fellowship Research Award.
Dr. Davidson has earned recognition from the American Medical Association and the California Medical Association for the hundreds of hours of continuing medical education (CME) he has completed. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at the Jules Stein Institute, UCLA School of Medicine. He has also published articles in the Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus.
Dr. Davidson's professional memberships include:
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- California Academy of Ophthalmology
- Ventura County Ophthalmological Society
He is affiliated with the following hospitals and surgery centers:
- Community Memorial Hospital, Ventura
- St. John's Regional Medical Center, Oxnard
- Ventura County Medical Center
- Westlake Eye Surgery Center
- Lynn Eye Surgery Center
Honors & Awards:
- Jules Stein Eye Institute Clinical Fellow Research Award, UCLA, 1992
- Phi Beta Kappa, Indiana University, 1983
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Indiana University Medical School (Junior Year), 1986-87
- Arthur R. Metz Distinguished Scholarship, Indiana University, 1979-83
- Laser Vision Correction/LASIK Refractive Cataract/Lens Surgery
- No-Stitch Cataract Surgery for Adults and Children
- Cataract Surgery for Infants
- Complicated Cataract and Implant Surgery
- Strabismus Surgery for Adults and Children
For more information about Dr. Davidson, please visit: www.JohnDavidsonMD.com
Continue to Physician page 2 »