Ophthalmologist Joel M. Corwin
Meet Dr. Joel Corwin
Joel M. Corwin, M.D. received his M.D. and ScB. degrees from Brown University. He completed an internship at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, a residency in ophthalmology at Tufts-New England Medical Center, and a fellowship in retina-vitreous at Retina Associates, where he led a diabetic retinopathy vitrectomy study. He has participated in numerous research projects in uveitis, ocular immunology, glaucoma and other areas.
Dr. Corwin is board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners. He is a member of the American Association of Ophthalmology, the American Uveitis Society, and the West Coast Retina-Vitreous Study Club. He has received numerous honors and awards throughout his career and was President of the American Diabetic Association from 1987-1988.
- Corwin, J, Schwartz, B: Inflammatory Response of Guinea Pig to Injected Limbal Tissue. Invest. Ophthalmol. 1978; 17:814-817.
- Corwin, J, Weiter, J: Occupational Exposure and Choroidal Melanoma. Am. J. Ophthalmol. 1980; 89:878. (Letter to Editor.)
- Corwin, J, Weiter, J: Immunology of Chorioretinal Disorders (A Review Article). Survey of Ophthalmology 1981; 25:287-305.
- Corwin, J, Baum, J: Iridocyclitis in Two Patients with Hypocomplementemic Cutaneous Vasculitis. American Journal of Ophthalmology 1982; 94:111-113.
- Seddon, J, Corwin, J, Sutula, F, Weiter, J: Solitary Extramedullary Plasmacytoma of the Palpebral Conjunctiva. British Journal of Ophthalmology 1982; 66:450-454.
- Corwin, J, Weiter, J, Andrezjewski, C, Schwartz, B: Ocular Findings in the MRL/l and MRL/n Mice: An Animal Model of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Investigative Ophthalmology (to be submitted).
- "Inflammatory Response of Guinea Pig to Injected Limbal Tissue." Atlantic Sectional Meeting of ARVO, Nov 1976.
- "An Animal Model of an Autoimmune Glaucoma." American Uveitis Society Meeting at Phoenix, AZ, March 1979. (by invitation)
- "Immunology of the Eye." Tufts-New England Medical Center. Department of Medical Rounds, June 1982.
- "Immunology of Chorioretinal Disease." Department of Medicine Rounds. August 1982.
- "Ocular Findings in the MRL/l and MRL/n in Mice: An Animal Model of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus." ARVO, May 1983.
- "Diseases of the Retina." Ventura College, April 1985.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." Grand Round Community Memorial Hospital, Oct 1983.
- "Retinal Eye Disease." Grand Rounds Ventura County Medical Center, May 1984.
- "Diabetic Retinopathy." Grand Rounds Santa Paula Memorial Hospital, Feb 1985.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." Grand Rounds St. John's Regional Medical Center, Nov 1985.
- "Diabetic Retinopathy." American Diabetic Association, Camarillo, June 1985.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." American Diabetic Association, Ventura, Oct-Nov 1983.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." American Diabetic Association, Santa Paula, Jan 1985.
- Lecture to Braille class at Ventura College, Jan 1986 and Jan 1987.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." Los Robles Hospital, 1988, 1990, 1993.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." Simi Valley Adventist Hospital, 1989.