Ophthalmologist Donald A. Frambach, M.D.
Dr. Donald A. Frambach
Donald A. Frambach, M.D. received his medical degree from Stanford University School of Medicine in 1981. He then completed an internship in internal medicine at Kaiser Foundation Hospital in San Francisco, a research fellowship in retinal physiology at the Eye Research Institute of Harvard University in Boston, a residency in ophthalmology at Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary in Boston, and a clinical fellowship in vitreo-retinal surgery at Doheny Eye Institute - University of Southern California.
Dr. Frambach is board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and was awarded honors from the American Academy of Ophthalmology in 1995. He has been the principal investigator and co-investigator of numerous research projects and clinical trials in ophthalmology, techniques and technologies. He is a clinical associate professor of Ophthalmology in the Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Southern California, where he has been teaching since 1987.
Dr. Frambach has written 36 articles for peer-reviewed journals. He has also published 62 abstracts, three book chapters, and several book reviews and letters in professional journals. He is the co-author of Retinal Surgery and Ocular Trauma, a color atlas of ophthalmic surgery. Dr. Frambach is also an ad hoc reviewer for several journals, including the American Journal of Ophthalmology, Archives of Ophthalmology, Current Eye Research, Experimental Eye Research, Investigative Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, and Retina.
Dr. Frambach's professional memberships include:
- Association for Research in Vision Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (Ophthalmic Technology Assessment Retinal Panel, 1997-2001)
- International Society for Eye Research
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Society of Retinal Specialists (form. Vitreous Society)
- The Microcirculatory Society, Inc.
- The Retina Society
- Schepens International Society
- The American Diabetes Association
Dr. Frambach is affiliated with the following hospitals:
- Community Memorial Hospital of Ventura
- St. John's Regional Medical Center, Oxnard
- Ventura County Medical Center
- Doheny Eye Hospital
- Los Angeles County/USC Medical Center
- USC/University Hospital
- Kenneth Norris Jr. Cancer Hospital