Ophthalmologist John Davidson
Dr. John Davidson
John Davidson, MD specializes in tailoring your vision plan to accommodate your specific visual needs in order to provide you with optimal vision for life that maximizes your freedom from glasses and contact lenses. Dr. Davidson devotes his entire practice to refractive, cataract, lens replacement and microinvasive glaucoma surgery. Dr. Davidson is focused on delivering unsurpassed results and consequent to that commitment, has performed nearly 40,000 successful sight-restoring procedures. His team’s refractive outcomes exceed the results published by the most respected surgeons in the world. His greatest honor is the trust his colleagues place in him by performing eye surgery on hundreds of medical doctors, eye surgeons and optometrists and their loved ones. He is Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA; Chief Surgeon, Miramar LASIK Center in Camarillo, CA; Director of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, at Miramar Eye Specialists Medical Group in Ventura, CA and Lynn Eye Medical Group in Thousand Oaks, CA. He has been practicing nearly 30 years in Ventura County, where he was the first surgeon on the Central Coast to perform Laser Lens Replacement by offering LenSx, ORA and Verion, first surgeon to implant ReSTOR, ActiveFocus, Vivity and Clareon lens implants for cataract surgery patients, as well as the first surgeon to perform Allegretto EX500 laser technology for LASIK patients. He was the first surgeon in the nation to implant PanOptix, the first and only FDA-approved trifocal lens implant, using NGENUITY 3D Heads-Up Visualization System. He was the second surgeon in the world to perform cataract surgery using a head-mounted 3D display system.
Dr. Davidson is a nationally recognized leader and instructor in the use of advanced technology lenses, lasers and other devices for Lens Replacement, and serves as National Director for the American Academy of Ophthalmology Laser Cataract Surgery Skills Transfer Course since 2015, and Instructor for the ASCRS Femtosecond Laser Cataract Skills Sessions since 2015. Dr. Davidson works with laser and lens implant manufacturers to continuously update and improve products, hardware and software. He regularly instructs the national courses on LenSx as well as the national courses on ORA to train new and experienced surgeons beginning and advanced level techniques. He has been invited to lecture for over 20 state and regional ophthalmology society meetings. He lectures to ophthalmology residency programs in Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas on the topic of Intraocular Lens Power Calculation Strategies. Dr. Davidson has implanted over 10,000 Advanced Technology Lenses since May 2005, performed over 8,000 Laser Lens Replacements and over 8,000 ORA Assisted cases since May 2013. He was the first doctor in any specialty in Ventura County to be awarded the distinction of Southern California Super Doctors, and has been nominated by other Los Angeles area ophthalmologists for this title every year since 2013.
Dr. Davidson earned his medical doctorate with Highest Distinction (top 1%) from Indiana University in Indianapolis, Indiana, after earning Bachelor of Arts degrees in Biology and Chemistry with a minor in Mathematics from Indiana University in Bloomington, also with Highest Distinction (top 1%). He completed a residency in ophthalmology at Indiana University in Indianapolis and was awarded a fellowship in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus at the prestigious Jules Stein Institute at UCLA, where he won the Fellowship Research Award, and has continued to teach residents and fellows for over 30 years. He volunteered to help the less fortunate with surgical missions to Albania, Fiji, Mexico, Venezuela and Vietnam.
- Laser Cataract and Lens Replacement Surgery
- Laser Vision Correction, LASIK and PR
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology since 1994
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Chief Surgeon, NVISION Laser Eye Centers-Camarillo
- Director of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Miramar Eye Specialists Medical Group
- Director of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Lynn Eye Medical Group
- National Director for the American Academy of Ophthalmology Laser Cataract Surgery Skills Transfer Course, 2015 and 2016
- Instructor for the ASCRS Femtosecond Laser Cataract Skills Sessions, 2015 and 2016
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- California Academy of Ophthalmology
- Ventura County Ophthalmological Society
Hospitals and Surgery Centers:
- Community Memorial Hospital, Ventura, CA
- Westlake Eye Surgery Center, Westlake Village, CA
- Lynn Eye Surgery Center, Thousand Oaks, CA
Honors & Awards:
- Southern California Super Doctors (Dr. Davidson was the first doctor in any specialty in Ventura County to be awarded this distinction and has been nominated by other Los Angeles area ophthalmologists for this title every year since 2013.)
- Jules Stein Eye Institute Clinical Fellow Research Award, UCLA, 1992
- Phi Beta Kappa, Indiana University, 1983
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Indiana University Medical School (Junior & Senior Years), 1986-87
- Arthur R. Metz Distinguished Academic Scholarship, Indiana University, 1979-83
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at Jules Stein Institute, UCLA, 1992
- Residency in Ophthalmology at Indiana University, Indianapolis, 1991
- Medical Doctorate (MD degree) with Highest Distinction (top 1%) from Indiana University in Indianapolis, Indiana, 1987
- Bachelor of Arts (BA degrees) in Biology and Chemistry with Highest Distinction (top 1%) from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, 1983
- "Dr. Davidson and his staff are nothing short of miracle workers! My cataracts had stopped me completely from doing all the things that made life worth living. Enter Miramar Specialists: Halleluiah! Easy-Peasy, Non-scary, PAIN-FREE surgery. As soon as the procedure was completed, I could see again. If you have cataracts, go see Dr. Davidson. ASAP! He and his staff will change your life." - K.S.
- "After much deliberation, I decided to have laser eye surgery. Finding the right people that you can trust with your health and well being is very important to me. Dr. Davidson did the actual surgery. He was gracious and a true professional. I highly recommend him." - V.S.
- "Great place and great Doctors. The staff is very nice and helpful." - S.U.
Schedule your appointment today!
To schedule an appointment with Miramar Doctors, contact Miramar Eye Specialists Medical Group today!