Our Ophthalmologists- Page 1
Dr. Joel M. Corwin
Joel M. Corwin, M.D. received his M.D. and ScB. degrees from Brown University. He completed an internship at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, a residency in ophthalmology at Tufts-New England Medical Center, and a fellowship in retina-vitreous at Retina Associates, where he led a diabetic retinopathy vitrectomy study. He has participated in numerous research projects in uveitis, ocular immunology, glaucoma and other areas.
Dr. Corwin is board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners. He is a member of the American Association of Ophthalmology, the American Uveitis Society, and the West Coast Retina-Vitreous Study Club. He has received numerous honors and awards throughout his career and was President of the American Diabetic Association from 1987-1988.
- Corwin, J, Schwartz, B: Inflammatory Response of Guinea Pig to Injected Limbal Tissue. Invest. Ophthalmol. 1978; 17:814-817.
- Corwin, J, Weiter, J: Occupational Exposure and Choroidal Melanoma. Am. J. Ophthalmol. 1980; 89:878. (Letter to Editor.)
- Corwin, J, Weiter, J: Immunology of Chorioretinal Disorders (A Review Article). Survey of Ophthalmology 1981; 25:287-305.
- Corwin, J, Baum, J: Iridocyclitis in Two Patients with Hypocomplementemic Cutaneous Vasculitis. American Journal of Ophthalmology 1982; 94:111-113.
- Seddon, J, Corwin, J, Sutula, F, Weiter, J: Solitary Extramedullary Plasmacytoma of the Palpebral Conjunctiva. British Journal of Ophthalmology 1982; 66:450-454.
- Corwin, J, Weiter, J, Andrezjewski, C, Schwartz, B: Ocular Findings in the MRL/l and MRL/n Mice: An Animal Model of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Investigative Ophthalmology (to be submitted).
- "Inflammatory Response of Guinea Pig to Injected Limbal Tissue." Atlantic Sectional Meeting of ARVO, Nov 1976.
- "An Animal Model of an Autoimmune Glaucoma." American Uveitis Society Meeting at Phoenix, AZ, March 1979. (by invitation)
- "Immunology of the Eye." Tufts-New England Medical Center. Department of Medical Rounds, June 1982.
- "Immunology of Chorioretinal Disease." Department of Medicine Rounds. August 1982.
- "Ocular Findings in the MRL/l and MRL/n in Mice: An Animal Model of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus." ARVO, May 1983.
- "Diseases of the Retina." Ventura College, April 1985.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." Grand Round Community Memorial Hospital, Oct 1983.
- "Retinal Eye Disease." Grand Rounds Ventura County Medical Center, May 1984.
- "Diabetic Retinopathy." Grand Rounds Santa Paula Memorial Hospital, Feb 1985.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." Grand Rounds St. John's Regional Medical Center, Nov 1985.
- "Diabetic Retinopathy." American Diabetic Association, Camarillo, June 1985.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." American Diabetic Association, Ventura, Oct-Nov 1983.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." American Diabetic Association, Santa Paula, Jan 1985.
- Lecture to Braille class at Ventura College, Jan 1986 and Jan 1987.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." Los Robles Hospital, 1988, 1990, 1993.
- "Diabetic Eye Disease." Simi Valley Adventist Hospital, 1989.
Dr. John Davidson
John Davidson, M.D. specializes in Laser Vision Correction/LASIK, Refractive Cataract/Lens Surgery, and Adult Strabismus Surgery. Dr Davidson is committed to customizing your vision plan to accommodate your individual visual needs and wants, in order to provide you with vision for life that maximizes your freedom from glasses and contact lenses. He has performed over 35,000 refractive and cataract procedures since 1992, implanted over 6,000 Advanced Technology Lenses since May 2005, and performed over 4,000 laser cataract and lens replacement surgeries since 2013.
Dr. Davidson has practiced in Ventura County for over 25 years, where he was the first surgeon on the Central Coast to perform laser cataract surgery by offering LenSx, ORA, and Verion Image Guidance technologies to cataract surgery patients, as well as the first surgeon on the Central Coast to perform Allegretto EX500 custom laser technology for LASIK patients. Dr. Davidson is a nationally recognized leader and instructor in the use of advanced technology lenses, lasers and other devices for cataract and lens replacement surgery.
- Laser Cataract and Lens Replacement Surgery
- Laser Vision Correction, LASIK and PR
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology since 1994
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Chief Surgeon, NVISION Laser Eye Centers-Camarillo
- Director of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Miramar Eye Specialists Medical Group
- Director of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Lynn Eye Medical Group
- Director of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Conejo Simi Eye Medical Group
- National Director for the American Academy of Ophthalmology Laser Cataract Surgery Skills Transfer Course, 2015 and 2016
- Instructor for the ASCRS Femtosecond Laser Cataract Skills Sessions, 2015 and 2016
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- California Academy of Ophthalmology
- Ventura County Ophthalmological Society
Hospitals and Surgery Centers:
- Community Memorial Hospital, Ventura, CA
- Westlake Eye Surgery Center, Westlake Village, CA
- Lynn Eye Surgery Center, Thousand Oaks, CA
Honors & Awards:
- Southern California Super Doctors (Dr. Davidson was the first doctor in any specialty in Ventura County to be awarded this distinction and has been nominated by other Los Angeles area ophthalmologists for this title every year since 2013.)
- Jules Stein Eye Institute Clinical Fellow Research Award, UCLA, 1992
- Phi Beta Kappa, Indiana University, 1983
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Indiana University Medical School (Junior & Senior Years), 1986-87
- Arthur R. Metz Distinguished Academic Scholarship, Indiana University, 1979-83
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at Jules Stein Institute, UCLA, 1992
- Residency in Ophthalmology at Indiana University, Indianapolis, 1991
- Medical Doctorate (MD degree) with Highest Distinction (top 1%) from Indiana University in Indianapolis, Indiana, 1987
- Bachelor of Arts (BA degrees) in Biology and Chemistry with Highest Distinction (top 1%) from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, 1983
For a detailed explanation on your Cataract Surgery Journey - download Dr. John Davidson's Guide to Cataract Surgery from start to finish.