Ophthalmologist John Davidson
Dr. John Davidson
John Davidson, M.D. specializes in Laser Vision Correction/LASIK, Refractive Cataract/Lens Surgery, and Adult Strabismus Surgery. Dr Davidson is committed to customizing your vision plan to accommodate your individual visual needs and wants, in order to provide you with vision for life that maximizes your freedom from glasses and contact lenses. He has performed over 35,000 refractive and cataract procedures since 1992, implanted over 6,000 Advanced Technology Lenses since May 2005, and performed over 4,000 laser cataract and lens replacement surgeries since 2013.
Dr. Davidson has practiced in Ventura County for over 25 years, where he was the first surgeon on the Central Coast to perform laser cataract surgery by offering LenSx, ORA, and Verion Image Guidance technologies to cataract surgery patients, as well as the first surgeon on the Central Coast to perform Allegretto EX500 custom laser technology for LASIK patients. Dr. Davidson is a nationally recognized leader and instructor in the use of advanced technology lenses, lasers and other devices for cataract and lens replacement surgery.
- Laser Cataract and Lens Replacement Surgery
- Laser Vision Correction, LASIK and PR
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology since 1994
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Chief Surgeon, NVISION Laser Eye Centers-Camarillo
- Director of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Miramar Eye Specialists Medical Group
- Director of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Lynn Eye Medical Group
- Director of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Conejo Simi Eye Medical Group
- National Director for the American Academy of Ophthalmology Laser Cataract Surgery Skills Transfer Course, 2015 and 2016
- Instructor for the ASCRS Femtosecond Laser Cataract Skills Sessions, 2015 and 2016
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- California Academy of Ophthalmology
- Ventura County Ophthalmological Society
Hospitals and Surgery Centers:
- Community Memorial Hospital, Ventura, CA
- Westlake Eye Surgery Center, Westlake Village, CA
- Lynn Eye Surgery Center, Thousand Oaks, CA
Honors & Awards:
- Southern California Super Doctors (Dr. Davidson was the first doctor in any specialty in Ventura County to be awarded this distinction and has been nominated by other Los Angeles area ophthalmologists for this title every year since 2013.)
- Jules Stein Eye Institute Clinical Fellow Research Award, UCLA, 1992
- Phi Beta Kappa, Indiana University, 1983
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Indiana University Medical School (Junior & Senior Years), 1986-87
- Arthur R. Metz Distinguished Academic Scholarship, Indiana University, 1979-83
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at Jules Stein Institute, UCLA, 1992
- Residency in Ophthalmology at Indiana University, Indianapolis, 1991
- Medical Doctorate (MD degree) with Highest Distinction (top 1%) from Indiana University in Indianapolis, Indiana, 1987
- Bachelor of Arts (BA degrees) in Biology and Chemistry with Highest Distinction (top 1%) from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, 1983
For a detailed explanation on your Cataract Surgery Journey - download Dr. John Davidson's Guide to Cataract Surgery from start to finish.
Schedule your appointment today!
To schedule an appointment with Miramar Doctors, contact Miramar Eye Specialists Medical Group today!