Ophthalmologist Joseph Chen
Dr. Joseph Chen
Joseph Chen, M.D. was awarded his Doctorate in Medicine by Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas in 2009. After the completion of his Internship at the University of Texas, Houston, he returned to Baylor College of Medicine to complete his Residency in Ophthalmology.
He then completed a Clinical Fellowship in Glaucoma at the John Moran Eye Center at the University of Utah. He has co-authored several abstracts and has published ophthalmology research papers in journals including the American Journal of Ophthalmology and the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.
His specialty skills include the medical, laser and surgical treatment of glaucoma as well as cataract and anterior segment surgery. He has a particular interest in cutting edge surgical and laser management of glaucoma, including minimally invasive glaucoma procedures, trabeculectomy, glaucoma drainage implants, and cyclophotocoagulation procedures. He is happy to share his expertise in glaucoma and cataract care with the Ventura County community.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Glaucoma Society
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Dr. Chen has attending staff privileges at the following hospitals:
- Community Memorial Hospital, Ventura
- Ventura County Medical Center, Ventura
Services Dr. Chen provides include:
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology (Adult and Adolescent)
- No-Stitch and Laser Cataract Surgery
- Complicated Cataract and Implant Surgery
- Glaucoma Medical and Surgical Management
- Laser Procedures with the Argon and YAG laser